Part-time Food & Beverage Supervisor
Foundation Theaters is an Australian family owned theater owner and operator. Our venues are two of Sydney’s finest theatres: The Capitol Theater and Sydney Lyric. We present major theater shows to over 30,000 visitors every week at all of our venues. While the shows we present are unforgettable
Theatrical Experiences, our incredible team ensures every part of the customer experience is just as magical.
We are a group of 35 full-time employees and over 200 casual workers who work closely together every day to provide visitors with an unforgettable theatrical experience. Our people are the hallmark of our success and in this role your energy, attitude and attention to detail are a key factor in making our cinemas great
Venues. Your ideas, work ethic, pride at work, team spirit and commitment to safety are respected characteristics of your role. Our team and audience come from all over the world, of all genders, sexualities, religions, abilities and beliefs. We welcome people of all backgrounds to work with us, to work on our
stages and visit our theaters. We share a safe and open environment where we encourage everyone to be their true selves. Respectful use of diversity allows us to make great theater and thrive.
About the spot
– Function: Food & Beverage Supervisor
– Type of work: Permanent part-time
– Venue: Sydney Lyric, Pyrmont & Capitol Theatre, Haymarket, NSW
– Working hours: Working hours are usually Tuesday – Sunday from 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., with day shifts on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.
– The remuneration is based on the Live Performance Award.
what we are looking for
– We are looking for passionate and energetic individuals to join our already excellent Food & Beverage leadership team. We work closely with a small, dedicated group and are looking for all-rounders who love hospitality service, lead a team and work in a fast-paced environment.
– Applicants should be articulate, have a love of customer service and a genuine interest in theatre.
– Ideal candidates have at least 2 years of experience in a customer service oriented role.
– Your role includes elements such as
o Assisting the Food and Beverage Manager and Assistant Manager in running the floor and
Taking care of the bartenders during shifts
o Coaching, mentoring and motivating casual workers
o Ensure poles are fully adjusted and fully loaded for service
o Manage RSA issues as they arise
o Inventory management and inventory support
o Deal with customer matters effectively and in a timely manner
o Work at the bars with casual staff as needed
o Management of functions, including management of VIPs and VIP connections within event rooms, monitoring of the execution of events
o Other tasks as required
– A very high standard of personal grooming and appearance and willingness to adhere to the grooming policy of a premier venue commensurate with its brand awareness
– Outstanding customer orientation and strong communication skills
– Have good availability and the ability to work nights and weekends on a standard schedule dictated by the schedule for each hosted production.
– RSA qualification for New South Wales
– Experience with POS systems & EFTPOS
When you join Foundation Theaters, you join a small and dedicated team of people who are passionate about what we do. We train and support you in every phase of your career that you are in. We offer a safe and nurturing environment with on-the-job training for those seeking their first job and full-time and leadership opportunities for those with experience.
How to apply
Does that sound like you? If you bring the personality and customer focus required for this role, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to Foundation Theaters F&B Recruitment [email protected].