New study shows CISOs most likely to outsource security program improvements and 24/7 protection
“The shift to remote working, a significant increase in threat volumes, and the ongoing cybersecurity skills shortage are some of the biggest challenges CISOs are facing today—challenges they are tackling with limited resources,” said Michelle Bank, Chief Product and Marketing by Nuspire Officer. “CISOs are prioritizing their spend based on where they’ll get the most value, and our latest research shows that CISOs are spending their limited budget to stay current and optimize existing technologies.”
Key findings from the study include:
· CISOs and IT security decision makers are most concerned about overall security program improvements; 24/7 threat monitoring, detection and response; and vulnerability/posture assessments.
· The top three outsourced services include general security program improvements; 24/7 threat monitoring, detection and response; and technology optimization and integrations to ensure the best use of existing technology.
· Nearly a quarter of CISOs say they spend most of their time on business, IT, and security program strategies.
· Two-thirds believe their organization is vulnerable to attacks, particularly when it comes to cloud applications, end users and cloud infrastructure.
· CISOs are very concerned about end-users and see the need for more education to prevent ransomware and phishing attacks – especially in times of remote work; However, your likelihood of outsourcing a solution is slim.
Nuspire’s research methodology involved anonymously surveying over 200 US-based CISO and IT decision makers from large to midsize companies across a variety of industries including retail, manufacturing, information technology and more.
To learn more about these findings, join our webinar at https://www.nuspire.com/events/nuspire-annual-study/ on August 31, where we dive into the study and CISOs’ top pain points will discuss their level of confidence in their ability to prevent threats and top buying trends.
Nuspire is a Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) offering Managed Security Services (MSS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) supporting best-in-class EDR solutions, and Cybersecurity Consulting Services (CSC). includes incident preparedness and response, threat modeling, digital forensics, technology optimization, posture assessments and more. Our technology-agnostic, self-service platform, myNuspire, enables greater visibility into your entire security program. Powered by the self-healing Always on Nuspire Cyber X Platform (CXP), myNuspire will help CISOs ease the pain associated with tech sprawl, provide smart recommendations, fix alert fatigue and help their customers stay safer over time to become. Our extensive group of cybersecurity experts, award-winning threat intelligence, and three 24/7 Security Operations Centers (SOCs) detect, respond, and remediate advanced cyberthreats. Our customer base includes thousands of companies, ranging from medium-sized to large enterprises, spanning multiple industries and geographic footprints. For more information, visit www.nuspire.com and follow us on LinkedIn @Nuspire.