General Coordinator (Head of Mission) (f/m) – Ethiopia – Ethiopia
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a medical organization committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to identify barriers to accessing healthcare and has ensured sustained improvements in healthcare for all.
The staff of this independent organization not only provide care and treatment, but also condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve the situation of population groups living in vulnerable situations.
MdM is currently working in 30 countries on all continents, where it focuses on 5 priority areas: Emergencies and Crises, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Harm Reduction, Migrants and Displaced Persons (Health Rights), Health and Environment.
MdM France has been working in Ethiopia since 1986 on projects related to basic access to primary health care, the quality of childbirth care, the promotion of sexual and reproductive health and rights, including protection against gender-based violence, the provision of mental health and psychosocial support and reducing malnutrition. The Mission recently expanded its programs in Semera (Afar) and Chinaksen (Oromia). In 2023, MdM is to start new activities in Tigray for the first time since the beginning of the war.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Desk Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all of the Mission’s activities. In addition, you ensure the implementation of the MdM strategy and the overall management of the MdM team in Ethiopia.
Your main tasks are as follows:
- Planning and monitoring the implementation of the programs
- Ensuring the security of MdM personnel and assets for the entire mission, supervising and organizing the implementation of security rules
- Establishing the general organization of the Mission and staff, leading and supervising the Coordination Team
- Ensure that the administrative and legal framework of the country and the rules and regulations of the mission are followed
- Overseeing budget preparation and ensuring the quality of budget tracking and the security and transparency of the use of funds
- Ensure the quality of activity reports sent to headquarters
- Ensure that contractual obligations to donors are met and coordinate fundraising activities
- Manage partnerships with local partners, international NGOs, local NGOs and health authorities
- Represent MdM to local authorities, donors, other NGOs and in the media
- Condition: employee
- Contract : Temporary contract
- Duration : 12 months
- Entry date: as soon as possible
- Position in Addis Ababa with regular field visits
- Gross monthly salary: 3,525 euros
- Bonus equal to one month’s salary paid in two installments – minimum 6 month tenure required
- Foreign bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transport costs, vaccines and visas covered
- housing benefit
- 22.5 RTT (days off) per year
- 5 weeks paid vacation per year
- Rest and recovery every 3 months
- Health insurance (60% paid by MdM and 40% paid by the employee)
- Insurance (return transport…)
- Telework Agreement for Eligible Telecommuters: 110 days/year (average 2.5 days telecommuting per week) with at least 1 day per week on site
- Given the current circumstances of the Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to ensure the safety of our employees
- Médecins du Monde encourages training and internal mobility
- line item
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master in Human Rights, Humanitarian Project
- management or related fields
- A background in healthcare or medicine is an advantage
- At least 5 years in an international NGO, in a similar position and in emergency situations
- Strong team and project management skills
- Experience in security management
- Experience with PHC, SRH, SGBV, sex work or harm reduction programs is an advantage
- Languages: English (written and spoken) is compulsory. French is an advantage.
- They adopt the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
PHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the position before the application deadline. MdM is committed to the integration of people with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on the link below: http://www.jobs.net/j/JOIZQALn?idpartenaire=128